Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eyelash Curlers

Photobucket

I think that eyelash curlers are something that women either love and use on a daily basis or they never use one. I am guilty of belonging to the second group. However, I recently went and bought one at Target and I was really impressed. I bought the ELF version which was $1 which is probably about as cheap as you will find one.

Photobucket

Should you even bother using one? I would say yes. Curling your eyelashes helps to open up your eyes and makes your lashes look longer and fuller. Anyone who follows my blog or has ever had their makeup done by me knows that I love lashes and this is the next best thing to applying false ones. Having said that I am going to give you some guidelines to using the eyelash curler in the most effective way.


First off, never use an eyelash curler with your mascara already on. It should only be used prior to mascara application. Mascara can cause your eyelashes to stick to the curler which could result in your lashes being pulled out.

Second, many people will tell you to warm up the curler before use. This is fine but make sure not too get it too warm which could cause you to burn your eyelids. This could also cause your eyelash curler to leave a crease in your eyelashes. If you are going to warm up your curler make sure to check the temperature before you use it.

Finally, do not use waterproof mascara if you are using an eyelash curler. Now when I say do not use it, I don't mean just when you use the curler. I mean don't use it at all! Waterproof mascara is very drying to eyelashes (I personally believe it should only be used on very rare occasions). When you mix dried out lashes and a rubber strip being pressed against them, you have a very dangerous combination. I was attending a makeup class one time and the instructor told us about a girl that he was using an eyelash curler on and everyone of her eyelashes fell out due to dry brittle lashes from using waterproof mascara. I do not think that any of us want to have to go without our eyelashes, so stay away from the waterproof mascara.


Eyelash curlers can be purchased at any drugstore or makeup counter. They range in price from $1 to $20. One particular curler that has a very big following is by Shu Uemura. You can find it at Sephora for around $18. Many women swear that this is the best one that you can buy. I am planning on buying one pretty soon so I will let you guys know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment