Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ihloff Stylist Christa Michelle ~ Being Green is Not Just a Fad

Photobucket
Everyone wants to love their place of employment; we want to be proud of what our company stands for and what we put out in the world. Every time I go to an educational session, I learn something new about what Aveda is doing in the country to help conserve energy or keep jobs where they need to be.

I'm kind of a hippie midtown girl myself; yes, even only having moved here two years ago, I've found my 'spot'. I want to be surrounded with positive people, put healthy organic food into my body - that also includes what goes on my skin, body, and hair too. Aveda makes products that are only derived from natural plants. The company adds no 'fragrance' or 'color' to anything they create and most of the bottles that the product goes into are actually recycled containers! This includes their color too, with the exception of the permanent line, because for me to cover your gray....I need a little 'non-plant' help!

People sometimes mention to me that Aveda is more expensive than other lines, and why should they buy it instead of the gazillion other lines out there? My first response is:

"I've worked with a lot of other product lines, Biolage, Matrix, American Crew, Aquage, Rusk, Kenra and I love Aveda. I can finally create the hair that I see in magazines, in real life."
Photobucket


My next thought on this issue is that the other lines put so many cheap fillers and alcohols and colors in their bottles, how do you really know what you're getting? Most times at the salon, when I take you to shampoo your hair, I'll tell you what I'm using and then ask what you use at home. 9 times out of 10, I can identify if you're not already using an Aveda shampoo and/or conditioner because the hair feels different. It feels drier, has more tangles, or isn't as strong. I know from experience, that the only reason I still have hair left on my head with all the crazy things I do with it, is because of the great products I choose to use.

And...there is more than just hair care! But we'll save that for next time.

FYI: During the winter, hair does tend to be drier and have more static. The Dry Remedy Shampoo & Conditioner are great to help combat that, but only if you don't have fine hair. There is also a Masque that you can use once a week to help increase the moisture in the hair up to 73%; just leave on for about 10 minutes and VOILA!

Photobucket
To learn more hair tips and hair happenings, you can visit my blog or become a fan on Facebook!
Christa Michelle - Designer at Ihloff Salon
(918) 587-2566

No comments:

Post a Comment