Monday, November 9, 2009

McNeill Manor- Groom's Cakes.....Not Just a Chocolate Cake Anymore

Photobucket

I love being in Oklahoma because Groom's cakes are not only a tradition here....but a must for most wedding receptions. When I was in Arizona....no one had ever heard of a Groom's cake. I couldn't believe it! After relocating to OK, I realized the tradition is still alive and well....and now it's taken on a new and exciting twist. Rarely do you see the traditional chocolate groom's cake any longer. Now....the sky is the limit on design.

Photobucket

When my parents got married 53 years ago, the "legend" of the groom's cake was that the single female guests would take a slice of this cake home and place it under their pillow. Then they would dream of their "future husband." Now the Groom's cake has evolved into a whole different realm. Grooms are now designing their cakes based on their hobbies or interests.

Photobucket

It's fun to see the Grooms getting involved and excited about a cake! I get some very cool requests from my Grooms. It might be a giant cheeseburger one week, and then the next week a sushi platter. There is usually a fun story behind the reason they are choosing a specific design. One Bride I met with surprised her groom with a cake that looked like a Catfish. The reason being is that when he was growing up, his imaginary friend was named....."Catfish." Another groom had me create a dog dish that read "Dogg" on the front. That was his nick name growing up.
Photobucket

One of the most popular requests I get is the cooler cake. The guys really love this. It can have their favorite beverage around the cake, complete with their favorite team logo on the front....or monogram, etc.. The great thing is that the cake can still be any flavor and filling they wish! So guests not only get to see something fun, but it still tastes awesome!

Photobucket

So think outside of the box when choosing your Groom's cake! Each cake I design is priced on the artwork involved, etc. Feel free to contact me for a quote at www.mcneillmanor.com or become a Fan of McNeill Manor to stay up to date on all of my latest creations. Eat Cake!

Thanks for reading!
Donna McNeill
McNeill Manor Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment