Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ihloff Stylist Christa Michelle ~ An Intro

Photobucket


I am Christa Michelle, Designer hairstylist at Ihloff Salon in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I have been in the hair business for about 4 years now, 2 years at Ihloff.

I should have known to go straight to hair school after I graduated high school, but the boyfriend at the time told me that I was 'too smart' to be a hairstylist. Yet, I was the one at age 10 that was tweezing my poor little sisters’ eyebrows (they were 4 and 5). They even paid for the haircuts that I gave them - a quarter. Those were the days, huh? The girls in school were always asking me to color their hair and when Homecoming and Prom rolled around, I always had updos to do, including my own at times!

I continuingly take classes to keep up with the current trends and happenings of the hair world. They include: Color Magic, Pureform for Hair Cutting, Razor Cutting, Color 1, Color 2 (Color Corrections), Purefoiling, 5 X 5 The Stage, Technical Texture & Shape and Color 3.
I am quite the workaholic because I really enjoy what I do. The other day I heard a stylist describe her job as, “I get paid to stand and talk to people all day. How much better can it get?” I agree, with the addition of helping people relax and feel better about themselves. I love doing color in the salon because of how drastically it changes someone’s appearance. Curly hair and men’s hair are probably my two favorite to cut as well.

In the little bit of spare time that I do have, I am an avid runner and a bit of gym rat. I like to read, especially nonfiction and psychology. I love going to coffee houses and relaxing with my friends.

I usually work Thursday through Tuesday, with Wednesday being a negotiable day off. If you need anything, you can call 918-587-2566 and set up a consultation or appointment! Also, with any mention of the Dandelion Network, I do give a 20% discount on color and a 10% off haircuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment